Thursday, March 20, 2008

DOH!!!







OK, so I'm attaching the strap buttons... easy, peasy, right? But it's late in the day, and I make a dunderhead mistake. In the 2nd pic, you can see it... I had the guitar upside down (e.g. the treble side up and the bass side down) and put the button on the WRONG PART OF THE GUITAR! Stupid! Stupid! After doing all that wiring right... which is much more delicate... geez, louise!
In the 3rd pic, you can see the button in the right place, but now I have a hole in the guitar where I mistakenly put the button. The teaching assistants both scratched their heads and said "well... THAT's a first!"... I said "Oh please, say that some more, it'll make me feel better!"... we had a laugh, and then Russ (the teacher) came over and put a "great job!" sticker (think 3rd grade homework assignment) over the little hole. I asked if he had an Elmo band-aid. We laughed some more.
But tomorrow we have to figure out what to do about the hole.
*Sigh* oh well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easy -- leave an extra peg in the "wrong" side, call it the "Paul McCartney" model.

Elliott