Thursday, March 20, 2008

Soldering is Fun!






I find I really like soldering. Wiring up the guts of this guitar has been a lot of fun... there is a schematic drawing that shows which wires go where... and this is the kind of thing I'm really good at... small detail work. The sanding was just wearing me out, but this was relaxing and fun. And the cool thing is, when you're done... it works! It's a kind of magic...
Learned a bunch about the electronics and how they work and such... this stuff is all new for me, as I have never really played electrics.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

I dreaded and avoided taking physics for 25 years. Once I did, I discovered it was really cool!

One of the things I came out of that class -- actually, the lab -- with was a great working knowledge of simple electronics. Which has also meant I'm much less intimidated by basic wiring. Which is very cool.

All this to say, I think wiring is cool, too. :)