Saturday, March 29, 2008

Funny thing about Boyland...

Things are strange in Boyland.

On Thursday, when many of us were sanding our braces into that triangular shape, many of my classmates ended up sanding their thumbs bloody. The first one to do that, an older guy, and probably the biggest guy in the class, came over to me and showed me the bloodstain on his piece of wood, and showed me his wound

Then it occurred to me... this guy (older than I am, I'm sure) was just like a little boy showing me his boo boo. Go figure.

Also... there was an episode where one of the young guys was telling a story about going up in a helicopter (somewhere in the SW) and shooting coyotes. He was definitely bragging, and you could see that a couple of the guys were into it, but most of them were not. And said nothing. And then the same young guy talked about a video with a woman shooting some sort of high powered gun and having the thing kick back and hit her in the head, and how funny that was. And nobody said anything. Including me.

There was just no way for me to interject without being the humorless feminist. But I suppose I am.

Then Russ said that the first and only time he ever shot a gun, he had the scope up to his eye and it kicked back and gave him a black eye and he never felt the need to do that again. Which made the young guy shut up.

Apparently, that's how it's done in Boyland.

No comments: